City Clerk-Tameeka Vann, CMC, CMCCM, CAPZO
Address: 2209 Center Point Parkway, Center Point, AL 35215
The City Clerk’s Office serves as the technical administrative liaison for all official actions between the City Council and Mayor, as provided by State law and City code. The City Clerk directs the preparation of the biweekly Council agenda, attends all Council meetings, officially certifies actions taken by the Council for approval or veto by the Mayor, attests to the correctness of documents executed by the Mayor and Council and certifies such matters to various City departments and appropriate agencies. The City Clerk also maintains all City records and documents, including official minutes, resolutions and ordinances of the weekly Council meetings. Permanent files are kept of all City contracts, agreements, franchises, property deeds, City board and agency appointments and expiration notices and insurance policies and bonds required by City regulations. The City Clerk serves as secretary of the City Planning Commission, with the clerk’s staff being responsible for conducting and canvassing all City elections.
- Preparation of the biweekly council agenda;
- Maintaining a permanent journal of City Council meetings and oversight of a system of permanent records of all resolutions, ordinances, and other official actions by the council;
- Certification of all actions of the Council for approval or veto by the Mayor;
- Maintenance of a permanent file of all City contracts, agreements, deeds, board appointments, insurance policies, bonds and other vital documents;
- Prepares official transcripts of City documents required by the courts of law or City officials;
- Prepares and publishes all required legal advertisements and public notices of City business;
- Provides official notice to property owners of public improvements and public assessments;
- Receives and records all official claims and legal actions against the City;
- Provides the general public and public agencies with access to official city records originating out of the meetings of City Council.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
*Closings are posted on the front door
*Holidays on which City Hall is Closed: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Birthday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving and day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and the day after