The City of Center Point Senior Center is open to seniors ages 60 or better. The Senior Center is conveniently located at 335 Polly Reed Road, Center Point, AL 35215, in the heart of the newly renovated Reed Harvey Park. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 9:00am - 2:00pm.
The Senior Center's purpose is to enhance the quality of life for seniors by providing opportunities for involvement in social, recreational and service activities. Members are encouraged to participate in a wide variety of programs and events. Some of the activities include games, classes, luncheons, trips, as well as educational and health sessions. It is the perfect place to meet others, enjoy a good cup of coffee and participate in fun activities.
- Lunch for individuals 60 years or better is served daily, and is available on a first come, first served basis. See our staff for details!
- Available to any Jefferson County resident age 60 or better
- There is no annual membership fee, but all participants are asked to donate $1.50 each day they visit the center.
- Some additional fees may apply for special activities and trips.
Some regular scheduled activities include the following:
- Bingo (at least twice a week)
- Zumba Dance for seniors (Thursdays)
- FitCom Exercise Class (Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays)
- Wii Bowling
- Trivia, Cards, and other games
- Line Dancing (Wednesdays)
- A variety of speakers throughout each month on various topics
- Live Band ("Cletus and the Old Timers") the 1st Tuesday of every month
- Computer Lab
We also have several upcoming day trips planned. Please check our monthly activity calendar for listings.